Friday, August 9, 2013

Handknit



another shop feature from Hamilton (edit: I am talking Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. sorry for the confusion Carol) ~  I hope you're not getting tired of them yet.
a new, cute and pretty yarn shop this time. the Handknit yarn studio has a beautiful selection of high quality yarns that appeal to any yarn lover right away.
the colors, the display... so inspirational. the pictures speak for themselves I'd say


I don't know about you, but I instantly fell in love with the neon pink and beige shawl. so fine, so soft, so pretty and very trendy for this Winter. in case you are interested, it is the Cladonia shawl by Kristen Kapur and you can find the pattern for sale on Ravelry through this link. the red and gray shawl is done according to that exact pattern. the pink one is actually made a little larger according to these adjustments by Jennie Knight, on Ravelry too.



the Handknit yarn studio in Hamilton, clearly a must see when you are in the neighbourhood! and only a 2 minute walk from the Needlework shop. it is a dangerous walk for your wallet... I warn you haha

have a great weekend




6 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh, THAT HAMILTON!!! This is the World Wide Web, and there are many Hamiltons in this world FYI, very confusing I must say, especially seeing as your blog comes up as .com.au. Which state is she in? Which country is she in? Is she on holidays? What? Then down here we find the label Canada. SIGH Don't get our hopes up falsely girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Carol, I never meant to confuse you or give you false hopes. Blogger has changed the url according to your location so it is indeed hard to track blogs for their location as they don't mention it themselves. I am afraid it is going to get more confusing though, since I will be moving to The Netherlands in Europe soon. I will try to mention province and country too in future posts :)
      Have a great weekend x

      Delete
  2. How many places called Hamilton are there?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton#Places

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been looking at Cladonia because I have some nice Wollmeise WD being delivered which would be perfect for this project. I used to get excited about food, now it's wool!!That fabulous shop has all my favourite brands!Good job I'm thousands of miles away!Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the shawl is beautiful! Every time I see a beautiful item like that I regret that my knitting knowledge stops with 'purl'. Thanks for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~